Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Relay For Life

My sister Donnarae and her husband Jon have put together a Relay For Life team to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Both Kenny and I are signed up to run one of the legs of the race. We have a goal to raise $1,500. My sister-in-law Jen and I came up with the idea to sell glow bracelets/necklaces at the event. We also decided to let the kids get involved by selling the glow bracelets in our neighborhoods (like a lemonade stand) to raise money. We will be selling them at the Morning Cloak Park after school on Thursday and Friday (6/5 & 6/6). We are selling 3 bracelets for $1 (3 bracelets makes a necklace). It is a good opportunity for your kids to earn some money at home doing extra jobs to help out. Come let your kids' money go to something fun and for a good cause. ( I posted this especially for those supposed "blog stalkers" that I don't see as regularly, so come and see us on Thursday and Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment