Friday, May 30, 2008

To Health and 5 K's


In order to inspire myself to get regular exercise, I made a goal back in December to run a Half Marathon (Thirteenish miles?). I figured if I made a goal to run 4-6 times a week for..... well forever, I would never be able to measure it. So my sister-in-law Jen and I decided we would train and do it in August. The run is in Provo Canyon and is all down hill (that is what they tell me).

I have been running since then, but not always as consistently as I should (way to go Jen, for being consistent). Jen and I ran a 5 K with our children's school a few weeks ago and then did the Running with Angels 5K at Thanksgiving Point the following week. This is a picture of us at the Running with Angels run. I hesitated putting the picture on, but who gets up and does their hair for a race, not me. Wish me luck. Whatever happens with the runs, at least I am getting healthier, which is the real goal.

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck. You have always been good at accomplishing things. I admire you for all you do. I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Cherice! I am amazed at people who run, because I am so whimpy about it! Good to catch up with you on here once in a while! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep it up you can and will do it. I'm excited to run with you guys. D and I started our training about a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SUCK! I totally tried to start running on our tread mill this winter (it has been winter for about 10 months and STILL FREAKIN' IS!) & it is as fun as pulling out my eyelashes one by one with tweezers! How do you do it? I decided to get healthier like my sis-in-law. She hula-hoops everyday and jumps on the trampoline. That I can do. Running, never. You rock.

    ReplyDelete