Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bear Lake Fun





We made a couple trips up to the lake this year. We went and stayed in the fifth wheel with Grandma and Grandpa Korth while Kenny was at Youth Conference. Thank goodness for family helping me with my three kids. It was fun to play all day at the lake. Makenna wasn't feeling great, but eventually she left my lap in the shade to play ring around the rosies with Grandma.

It was fun to see the extended Korth family and camp in a tent for the family reunion. I was really nervous about the camping thing. Camping didn't go so well for us last year with a baby. This year it was a thousand times better. I had decided after our two camping trips last year that we just weren't going to be a "camping family". The kids slept in the tent great. Now we just have to make sure that we don't lose kids during the day. I only panicked once and yelled for everyone to search for Kinlee. She only wandered into the fifth wheel. Thank goodness for nieces and nephews who would come and ask if they could take my girls to go play. It really felt like a vacation to me.

Since seven of us at the reunion were training for our half marathon races, we got up on Saturday morning and took a run down the canyon coming from Evanston. Jen and I ran 5 miles, but Donnarae, Jon, Beau, Becca and Russ ran 8 miles. We liked it so much that we think we might have to start a Korth Family 10K race the weekend that we are up there. Thanks to the family for getting us running and keeping us on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment