Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Panguitch...Where "Owens" Means Something






Kenny, Makenna, Big Cameron, Little Cameron, Lexi, Brooke, Mandi, Bart, and Joyce

enjoying the dinner at the old Owens' house.




Kenny keeping the girls entertained with bubbles during the auction.




Kinlee has always loved dogs from afar, but she is finally getting brave.


We couldn't keep her away from this dog. Thanks cuz.




Daxton just loved playing in the tree swing with Tess, his cousin from Washington state.

Every year we make the pilgrimage to the homeland of Panguitch, Utah where the descendants of Kenny's great grandparents gather to celebrate all that is Owens. The place where at the Owens' Bros. Store at Panguitch Lake you may be treated to an Owens' Bros hat (if you happen to be with Kevin). And where if you need a hotel room for a shower, they will give you the Owens family discount and you get a room for $40 when all the other rooms are over $100 (if you happen to run into Katherine and Greg in the lobby). Oh, the perks that come with being an Owens (at least in Panguitch). I'm sure that is how it is when you come from such families as the Hiltons or the Kennendys.




It was great fun and the boys got to go fishing in the boat that they have worked on all summer. Maybe next summer they will work on the motor a little more (now that it is fixed up inside) so they can use it a little more.


We made the short drive to Bryce Canyon with Cameron and Brooke because Brooke has never been there. It is also a good time for a nap for the girls. Kinlee has a pass to get into all of the National Parks for free. So the whole carload gets in for free with her. One of the many perks that you get with Kinlee. It was a fun time, especially since it was raining back at camp and we were nice and dry. It always rains in Panguitch during the reunion. I found out that it is because of the summer monsoon flow that begins about this time every year. I just thought that we were extremely unlucky. I don't remember a time in the last 9 years that I have been going that it didn't rain at least once. Thankfully, only one year has there been a storm so strong that I thought we might die. Nothing like packing up in the rain. Next year a trailer to stay in, right Joyce? Or maybe the next, or the next? We love Panguitch and all that comes with it.

4 comments:

  1. It all looks like so much fun. I love reading and seeing pictures about your family. Thanks again for letting me come paint your rocks. It was a big hit. I really appreciate it! You are always so willing to help me. I'm excited for you guys to do the amazing race. Hopefully it will all go as planned. Anyway, I love reading your blog. The 10K at Bear Lake would be so much fun. We should impliment it for sure. Thanks again for being a great sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OWENS means something to Grandpa and Grandma Korth. WE Love our Ownes'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cherice,

    I really miss you guys! Your kids are as beautiful as ever. I sure do miss Kinlee's smile and beautiful face. I think about you guys all the time. It sounds like you are having a great and busy summer. Abby had her "crossed eyes" fixed, too. I hope to see you guys sometime soon!
    Lisa Kingsbury

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure in Riverton, Owens' means something! ;)

    ReplyDelete