Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Red, White, and Blue ....or in our case Black and Blue

Kinlee and Makenna practicing their "princess" waves.


Daxton, Kyle, Kristin, and Jake showing their patriotism.


Jen, Kenny and Kinlee just chillin' in the shade.


Kinlee's shiner.

We had a great 4th of July. We did some of the usual things. We went to the Riverton city parade the night of the 3rd. It was a lot of fun. I think my brother Troy and I are really the only ones that enjoy the parade. Thanks again to Tiffany who allows us all to cram in front of her house once a year and enjoy her shade trees. (I think the trees may go with the widening of the road, so sad.)

On the morning of the 4th, Kenny ran the Riverton 10K race with his running buddies and his friend Milan (way to go Kenny!)

I took the kids to the Copperton Park activities. We love going up there for the small town feel of the activities. Daxton looks forward to the races every year. Kinlee usually runs the races for her age group and for the kids with special needs. They give money out for the three fastest kids or adults in each age group, but she gets money each time she runs. She always comes home with the most money. This year she didn't want to run, unless it was someone elses race and I was chasing her across the field. Troy took her out to run with the kids with special needs and she didn't want to run. Unfortunalely, her big brother Daxton, wanted her to. He picked her up from behind and started running. It ended three steps later with him body slamming her head into the grass. I was on my way out to get her when it happened. I don't think I have ever been that mad at Daxton. She got a tiny cut from her glasses under her eye and was bruised around her eyes (see picture). I took her to the playground where she immediatley forgot she was hurt. Daxton stayed with his cousins to run the races while mom cooled down.

We went to the splash park, got free lunch at the Chick-fil-A and watched fireworks on the lawn at Riverton park. It was a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment