Friday, May 30, 2008

My Ten Year Run Is Over

The last time I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting was the year 1998. I was just being released from the singles ward relief society presidency. I was still in school at the U. I was single. Our president was Clinton, 9/11 hadn't happened yet, and I could fill my gas tank for $15. I am sure there are many other noteworthy changes since then, but this is what comes to mind.

About a year ago, Kenny had to speak in sacrament meeting and pronounced to the congregation that in the almost 9 years we had been married that I had never been asked to speak. He has had to speak 7,8,or 9 times during that same time. Nothing came of it until two weeks ago when our bishop asked us to speak together. (We call that nature's spanking...Kenny.)

So last Sunday I broke my run and gave a talk on Family Scripture Study. Kenny spoke on Personal Scripture study and did a great job in the 6 minutes that the youth speaker and I left him. (Apparently I had stored up a lot of things to say in 10 years.)

And thus the next 10 year run begins. The next time I speak in church, Chelsie Clinton will be running for President and I will be paying $15/ gallon for gas.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post...you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. I graduated highschool that year. I wish I could skip out on talks for the next 10 years. I'll make you a deal, next time I get called to talk, I'll have you do it. I'm sure you have a lot more good things to say than I would anyway. OK? Done and Done. Thanks so much for all your help!

    ReplyDelete