Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lagoon Day

For the past few years we have taken our employees and their families to Lagoon when it is 2 for 1 days. It has been a lot of fun. A lot of my family came with us this year.

I hated the roller coaster when I was a kid. It scared me to death. I always said that I would never make my kids go on rides that they didn't want to. Come on, isn't riding rides supposed to be fun?

So here I am at Lagoon some 30 years later with my daughter who doesn't even want to go on the kiddie rides. We go up to the Odysea ride, which I can sit right next to her on, and she starts screaming before we even get in the ride. I was determined to show her that it could be fun. I strapped her in as tight as I could and off we went. She still screamed a lot, but she was beginning to relax.

Next I took her on the Dinosaur Drop ride. Unlike the Odysea ride, you are right in front of the line of people waiting. As the ride dropped, Kinlee would do her mad face and kind of squeal, and then the whole way up she would hit the safety bar and yell "stop, stop, stop". Luckily for me, not everyone could tell what she was saying. It was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing. So those cute little people in line were watching this distressed 4 year old with Downs Syndrome freak out, while her mom was laughing. (Yes, I am up for the parent of the year award.) The thing that I knew and they didn't is that I would get a bigger reaction from her if I turned off her favorite TV show or made her eat her dinner. It is all relative. So, so much for not making your children ride the rides. By the end of the night she actually liked riding a few rides. Too bad we only go once a year, because by next year we will have to start all over again.

We made up for all of the drama with playing at Lagoona Beach for several hours. My girls love anything that they can do with a swimming suit on this year.

Madison, Makenna, Haley, Chelsie, and Jake.
Makenna and her cousins at the pavillion for dinner.



This is the cute guy that was on "So You Think That You Can Dance?"

to promote awareness that people with disabilities can do great things.

He is also going to be in the new "High School Musical 3".


This was the last ride. The girls weren't sure if they liked the boats this time.

I had to get a picture of the tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment