Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mandi's Wedding

Kenny's niece Mandi married Bart on September 20, 2008. It was a beautiful day. Kinlee and Makenna were flower girls for the ceremony. I wasn't sure if they were really going to be a part of the wedding or not. Mandi was nice to invite them, even if it was risking a wedding fiasco.

Kinlee went to get her hair done with the other flower girls at the hair school where Mandi went. The poor girl who got to work with Kinlee was so sweet. She did her best to get some curls in her hair with a curling iron. (She has never had her hair curled before.) I ended with some cute pony tails and some curl. All of the girls looked beautiful.

Mandi rode to the garden ceremony in a horse drawn Cinderella carriage with all of the flower girls and the ring bearer. We had to sing songs to the girls while they waited to keep everyone in control and in the carriage. They all felt like princesses. Mandi was great with them. Mandi's dad, Kevin, helped everyone out of the carriage. (Kinlee decided that she liked the carriage and wanted to get back in. I had to go and grab her so Mandi could get out.) Makenna followed her cousins down the aisle and to the front (with a little encouragement from grandma). She was such a big girl. She even stood at the front during the whole ceremony. Thanks to her cousin Lilly (who is 3) she even managed to not jump in the pond. The wedding fiasco was averted.

Daxton didn't want to leave the reception until the dancing was over. It was a good thing that we didn't. They were so cute dancing on the side until it was their turn. I danced more in public that night with my children, nieces, and nephews than I think I ever have. It was a blast.

Thanks to Mandi, Bart, Kevin, and Sherill for allowing my girls to feel like princesses for the day and for giving Daxton, Abbie, and Hunter a play day, all day.


The boys with the bride and groom.
Tanner, Hunter, Mandi, Bart, Mylan, Daxton, Jamison, and Dallin.



The girls.
Abbie, Lilly, Mandi, Makenna, and Kinlee.


Makenna loved her basket of flowers.



The girls in the princess carriage.


3 comments:

  1. I just love your kids. I don't get to see them enough. I think Makenna has the cutest personalty. I shouldn't tease her so much but I get the cutest responses from her that I just can't resist. I laugh every time I think about sunday when she said "no papa scary"! They are all so fun to be with as are you and Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd check in on you guys! Miss you! Your girls are beautiful little princesses. Gee, I've never even SEEN a princess carriage... Lucky little devils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have been there...the kids are all so stinkin' cute! Mandi looks gorgeous too...how fun! Hopefully we can come up there in December and stop by and see all of you...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete